Family Health Resources
Students come to Fayette County Public Schools with many health-related needs. If a student's health condition affects their ability to access or participate in the learning environment, they might be eligible for accommodations under Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973 or through the district's Special Education Department. For 504 accommodation questions, contact your school's counselor. If your child has an Individual Education Plan or you believe they might need Special Education services, please contact the school's special education facilitator.
For students with special health care needs
- Health department resources for families
- For questions: Michelle Marra, exceptional child nurse, (859) 381-4395
We have also gathered some basic resources here for easy reference.
- Cover your cough & clean your hands
- When to keep your child home from school - This will be updated to reflect COVID-19.
- Concussion ABCs | Signs and symptoms
- Heat exhaustion and heat stroke tips
- Bed bud basics for families | What schools should know about bed bugs
- Head lice in schools (CDC)
Other health forms and resources can be found under the Staff Channel.