Media Services (school libraries)
We provide our schools with the power, guidelines, and know-how to implement excellent library media programs that can help boost student achievement. We also assist schools in handling their library books and audio/visual materials, and we operate a districtwide lending library of 5,000 resources in our Teacher Resource Center (FCPS staff only). Among our services, we:
- Receive and process all types of library materials;
- Verify vendor orders, upload records, check in materials, and ship to schools;
- Maintain the Union catalog including editing MARC records and creating original records as needed;
- Coordinate online trials of information databases and digital content;
- Assist district staffers in using equipment and creating materials in the Teacher Resource Center;
- Help with packing and unpacking library materials for new and renovated schools;
- Provide professional learning for schools' library media specialists.
Instructional support for librarians:
digital literacy coach
(859) 381-3881 or -3883
Fax: (859) 381-3892
e-curriculum tech support
Look under the Staff portal for more about Media Services and the Teacher Resource Center.